viernes, 15 de abril de 2016

The best holydays/concert ever

Actually, the best holydays and concert of my life happened at the same time. It was 2014 and I had a powefull obsession for a band called The Mars Volta. I was a big fan for many years, but in 2013 the two most important and influent members of the band had conflicts and they annouced The Mars Volta no longer existed.

I was so sad and kept listening every album, every song, day after day, dreaming that someday they would play together again and I would be able to pay a plane ticket to wherever they would decide to make their spectacular comeback and see them play for the first time in my life!

So, a big announcement took place around april of 2014, they were back, as a new band called Antemasque. I was hysterical, hoping they would come to Chile, I didn't care if they no longer played those songs I loved so much, but they were together again and making new music that I slowly started to cherish.


Constitution Square, México City
But I waited, and no date on the tour was scheduled in Chile or even South America. So one day, watching videos of the shows in other countries, I started to think  "what if I travel to the nearest show?" So Mexico appeared, and in just an afternoon I had everything planned. My parents didn't even thought in the possibility that I carry on my plans, so they let me.

Soumaya Museum
In one month I spent all my money in the passport and had the plane ticket bought with some money mi dad borrowed me when he realized how determined I was to make that trip. So, I went there, alone, and a bit scared, but had a wondefull week, I stayed in a very decent and cheap hotel and walked throught many special places, I met really nice people and went to a great fair where I bought some discs and beautifull clothes.






           
A blowfish in Inbursa Acuarium
The last night in México city I went to Antemasque concert, I was so excited, I just couldn`t believe that I had managed to get there, everything that night was perfect, the show was so thrilling, I screamed my lungs out, I felt tremendously compensated, privileged, terribly happy.

After the concert I went walking back to the hotel, listening those songs I'd just heard live, almost shaking, with a strong heart beating and a feeling of complete fullness.

Antemasque

1 comentario: