viernes, 10 de junio de 2016

Changes to my study programme

Until now at my fourth year of journalism I've studied a lot of things like journalism writing, radio, and television, plus some subjects related to cultural studies, image analysis and theory and multimedia practices.

When I started the journalism studies I was shocked because in the entire curriculum wasn't any history subject, wich I consider fundamental for a journalist education, but last year the university made an entire change to the programme and now it includes history and some other important subjects, sadly I can't study those subjects because my generation it's still guided by the previous programme.

Another thing I find really urgent it's the need to start teaching students how to use all the recording and editing equipment for the television subjects. Usually teachers are more focused on teaching the foundations of reports and documentaries, they talk about rythm, plane scales, history of the audiovisual journalism, forgetting that sometimes student don't even know how to turn on a camera, which delayed us a lot at work, because we spend so much time trying to figure out how things work. Finally most of the students never learn this thecnical aspects and the ones who are really interested end up learning by themselves, which generates an unevenness in learning.

So I think in that sense this career needs a change in the contents and the teaching methods, teachers must never take for granted that students know how to use the equipments.


6 comentarios:

  1. History is soo important to a journalist, I was shocked to when I knew that.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I am agree with you! Is necessary to knowing how to use all the recording and editing equipment, it is necessary for us to be more competent.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Yes, is very sad that a lot of students have to go and make their projects with no knowledge about how to use the equipment.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I agree with the subjects that you mention, but also it adds Economy, as its important to understand the contingency.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Coments on: Ignacio Briso, Tamara Mera, Sebastian Tapia.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Well done. Very few mistakes (there was or were, tenses, among others) 6,0

    ResponderEliminar